Welcome to Aikido
With Martin Acton Sensei
Aikido is Japanese martial art that focuses on blending with an opponents energy rather than blocking, punching, or kicking.
In Aikido we are concerned about the wellbeing of our opponent as well as ourselves. Ki Aikido (properly called Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido) is “Aikido with mind and body unified.”
This form of Aikido trains the student to unify their mind and body, allowing them to connect with an opponent, feel their energy, and direct it in such a way the least damage is done. This training is beneficial outside of the dojo or self-defence as it raises confidence, promotes clarity of thought, and teaches how to find win-win situations.
Why Study Aikido?
- It is a non aggressive self defence
- Improve health and well-being
- Improve balance and co-ordination
- Increase self-confidence
- Develop a “Can Do” way of thinking and acting
- Learn to control your emotions
- Make win-win relationships
- It’s fun and interactive